On 08/15/2020 09:21 AM, Edward wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
I am using
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711182954

Some, *NOT ALL*, USENET threads that I've contributed to have an "eyeball icon" in the leftmost column of pane containing subject titles.

TIA

I found a bug report from 19 years ago on unignored threads, including duplicate reports which specifically mentioned the eyeball icon, with the original bug report closed as resolved-fixed.

In all the years I've used Netscape, Mozilla Suite and now SeaMonkey, I've never seen this eyeball icon...

Maybe it's an indicator that the thread is being 'watched'?

I've had the symptom come and go without apparent cause.
If the "eyeball" appears I can turn it off with
   Message->Watch Thread