On 8/23/2020 10:38 AM, Samuel S wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 8/23/2020 8:22 AM, Samuel S wrote:
>>> Hello all - can anyone advise how I can sort folders?
>>>
>>> The Add On 'Manually Sort Folders' does not work...
>>>
>>> TIA - bo1953
>>>

>> Mail folders or bookmark folders?
>>

> My bad, Mail....
>
> Thank you...

I just did that for Thunderbird.  SeaMonkey should be the same.  It
involves editing the file prefs.js VERY, VERY CAREFULLY.  You will need
a list of the actual servers used by the various accounts.

I would first save a backup copy of prefs.js, which is found in your
profile.  To get there, go to your menu bar and select [Help >
Troubleshooting Information].  Select the Open Folder button to the
right of Profile Folder, all of which is in the first section under
Application Basics.

Then, enter about:config in the URL bar.  If you get a warning popup,
acknowledge it but continue.   In the Search area, enter
        mail.server.server
You will see a large number of results, sorted by server number.  Note
the number associated with each actual server.  Some server numbers will
not have an actual server; these might be "smart folders", "local
folder", "feeds", etc.  Note these, too.

Now you must associate each noted server with an account.  For each
account, enter it in the Search area.  Note what account is indicated by
the preference variables.

So far, you have not changed anything.  Now comes the VERY CAREFUL part.
 In the Search area, enter
        mail.accountmanager.accounts
The value is a comma-separated list of accounts in the order you want
them to appear.

--
David E. Ross
That Flag:

A TV ad in support of re-electing President Trump and
First Policy.  In the 1930s, "America First" was the
name of a movement in the United States that supported
Hitler and the Nazis.