Edward wrote:
In SeaMonkey (probably Thunderbird as well), if you right click the subject in the message, one of the options is to delete the message, which will delete it from the list.

The spams appear to be posted via Google Groups, but the Groups abuse e-mail address no longer works. abuse <at> google <dot> com does work, as I haven't received any bounces from that address, but do not know if anyone actually reads the e-mails sent to it, or if they investigate.

I tried ab...@google.com (if they get spammed they have something to analyse) years ago with no results I could see. The spam postings also remained up. Chris Ilias does delete some postings here but he leaves THAT MISERABLE CHARACTER alone, and if I say more he'll probably start censoring me.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/