On 9/22/20 12:54 PM, Ray Davison wrote:
Edmund Wong wrote:
Greetings,

The SeaMonkey Project is pleased to announce the release of SeaMonkey
2.53.4 final.

"This version makes changes to your profile that can't be reverted in case you want to go back to a previous version of SeaMonkey."

Is every profile now going to be forth digit version specific???  I got all the way thru 1X without needing to maintain a profile archive, and thru 2X until 2.5.

Not friendly.

Ray

There is no 2.5.x version. Well, there may be an old 2.5.x version.

I think that message may be there in case users want to go back to the 2.49.5 version. The 2.53.x series is a current version.

I could be wrong. In which case the statement needs some clarification.

What changes do the release notes indicate?

"Important only if you upgrade from 2.49.5 or an earlier version: Due to changes in the user profile, if you have set a master password, you will have to remove it before upgrading to SeaMonkey 2.53.4. After a successful upgrade, don't forget to manually remove the files key3.db and cert8.db in your profile afterwards, as they include credentials and passwords no longer protected by a master password. You can find the path to your profile folder entering the special about:support URL in a SeaMonkey browser window. You can remove your master password by providing an empty password in the "Change Master Password" dialog. Do not use the "Reset Password" function. You will lose all stored passwords this way."

"If you have a SeaMonkey 2.53.1 or 2.53.2 language pack installed you need to remove it before upgrading to this version. These language pack versions were marked to be compatible with all Seamonkey 2.53.x releases and cause breakage when used with a different version. You can then install one of the provided 2.53.4 language packs from the download section after installation of the base product."

REF: <https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.4/>

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/