On 29/09/2020 06:13, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
Hi,

any ideas for reasons and how to solve this
<https://www.reddit.com/r/seamonkey/comments/j1srin/impossible_to_login_conversejsorg_for_using_jabber/> problem?

Not as such.

But with enough resources available I was able to create an account with jabb3r.de, log in and enter a group chat, using SM 2.53.4 with opkode.com and converse.js enabled for JS. Maybe try that version to determine if some issue with your later wg9s build is causing the connection to be refused? Otherwise I would suspect an environment issue.

Strangely the Mozilla code-base has apparently included XMPP support for 8 years but no-one ever integrated it into Chatzilla; now it's too late, I suppose.

One feature of converse.js is the use of a Web Assembly module (libsignal-protocol) and that reminds me of this thought-provoking <https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript> presentation.

/df

--
London
UK