On 08/11/2020 13:54, Richard Owlett wrote:
... I'm investigating speech recognition software [particularly Mozilla's DeepSpeech {https://github.com/mozilla/DeepSpeech}]

I wish to access two related sites accepting Firefox.
     https://commonvoice.mozilla.org/

Seems to load OK with SM 2.53.4/Linux x86. Presumably whatever is needed has been incorporated in the newer SM version, as the mozilla sites seem, correctly, to use feature detection (as below) rather than the UA string.

and
     https://chat.mozilla.org/#/room/#machinelearning:mozilla.org
Logs to the console that it needs the ECMAScript 6 version of Array, puts up a page saying "unsupported: proceed at own risk", but doesn't load. So I don't expect that UA spoofing would make any difference (and 2.49.4 might be lacking other features).

This page <https://www.hackerearth.com/practice/notes/hemanth12/es6-array-methods/> lists the ES6 changes to Array, which look as if they would be easy to implement as a JS polyfill that can be loaded in UserJS for the site, and probably have been, and should have been included by the site devs.

/df

--
London
UK