On 18/11/2020 15:16, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
G. Ross wrote:
Just started using the latest SM and when visiting local weather a message popped up saying I need JavaScript to view it.  Should I install Javascript and if so how to get it?  Thanks.

G.Ross

Javascript (as opposed to Java) is natively supported by pretty much all browsers, if that site thinks you don't have it then I see two possibilities:
- You have turned it off (Preferences -> Advanced -> Scripts & Plugins)
- You have something like Noscript running and that has turned it off for you, for this site.

Or the site tests for some JS primitive that SM doesn't implement.

Or the site doesn't recognise SM and proceeds on the assumption that it doesn't implement the JS level that it thinks is needed.

/df

--
London
UK