On 1/12/2021 12:19 PM, Mollie Hurlburt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to access Flashpoint through SeaMonkey and it used to work fine,
> but now it isn't. I get to the point of entering SeaMonkey but it won't use
> Flash - I end up with a blank screen except for the Flash "F" inside a box
> next to an information "i". When I click it, another tab opens saying,
> "Secure Connection Failed. The document contains no data. The page you are
> trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data
> could not be verified." I've tried it with multiple links, all are still
> active on their original sites. Nothing, though.
>
> I have macOS Big Sur 11.1 and SeaMonkey 2.53.5.1 - which I've un/reinstalled
> multiple times now, along with Flashpoint itself. I've also double checked
> everything I know could be an issue. My security and permissions are fine for
> allowing everything, all extensions on SeaMonkey were disabled, I've tried
> Safe Mode and normal, cleared cookies/cache, etc. I have no idea what it
> could be.
>
> I tried going to Tools --> Web Development --> Error Console, and received
> these three errors, but I don't know what to do with them from here.
>
> Error: TypeError: browser[name] is undefined
> Source File: resource://devtools/client/framework/gDevTools.jsm
> Line: 158
>
> Error: TypeError: menu is null
> Source File: resource://devtools/client/framework/browser-menus.js
> Line: 223
>
> Error: NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND:
> Source File:
> jar:file:///Users/molli/Downloads/Flashpoint%20Infinity%20for%20Mac%20Beta/FPSoftware/SeaMonkey.app/Contents/Resources/omni.ja!/components/devtools-startup.js
> Line: 273
>

> Any advice?
> Thanks!

Flash is no longer functional.  Adobe announced last year that Flash
would no longer be maintained or distributed after the end of 2020.
Furthermore, the lastest versions of Flash apparently contain code that
blocks it from working after 11 January 2021 (yesterday).

You should instead be using HTML5 Media.  If that is enabled but the Web
site still asks for Flash, you should notify the site's owner that Flash
is borked, dead, obsolete, etc.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

The only reason we have so many laws is that not enough people will do
the right thing.  (© 1997 by David Ross)