NFN Smith wrote on 05-02-21 17:44:
Rubens wrote:

Today I upgraded to 2.53.6.

Did you back up your profile?  If not, you may have difficulties reverting, without data loss.  I forget where it started happening (perhaps 2.53.0), but as with Firefox, profiles are now no longer backward compatible.

But half of my dear extensions used for years stopped working.

Extensions are becoming increasingly difficult.  Firefox abandoned use of XUL-based extensions beginning at Firefox 57 (in favor of Google's WebExtensions), and Thunderbird has now done that since 78.0.

To a large degree, most extension developers have also abandoned support of the older structure, and all XUL content has been removed from addons.mozilla.org.  Many (but not all) Seamonkey extensions can still be found at addons.thunderbird.net/seamonkey.

There is also an extensive collection of Firefox, Thunderbird and Seamonkey extensions through the Classic Add-Ons Archive at https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive .

As for what may work or not is going to depend on the extension. I've found that I can continue to run pretty much everything I want, from one of these sources.

It's also worth noting that for several of the most popular extensions, the release notes https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.6/ indicate current status, and links for download.  These include uBlock Origin, NoScript, Session Manager and Enigmail.  I've also found that PrefBar still works, but that the only source for that is from the developer's web site, and not any of the sources noted above.

The release notes also indicate that for some extensions, the coding may be fine to run in 2.53.6, but that in the underlying .XPI file, they may have a max version setting that won't allow for running past a certain version.  It's been a long time since I've needed to do it, but it is possible to edit a .XPI to set max version to be compatible with the version you're running.

Some of them have new WebEx-compatible updates though.

Does anybody know which future Seamonkey version is planned to support WebEx ?

WebEx is planned for 2.57, but isn't imminent, and developer notes indicate that there hasn't been any serious work started on implementation.

I do have an alpha of 2.57 installed, and in the current status, the browser pretty much works, but that's it.  The Mail and News client is not working, and there's no support for extensions, whether XUL or WebEx, and I don't expect any changes any time soon.

Smith
It looks like the end of SeaMonkey .....