I inadvertently posted this a a reply to another thread. I'll try to get it right this time.

When I receive an invitation via email I can accept the invitation and the event is added to my calendar in Seamonkey.

When I see a link to an .ics file on a web page (like for an airline reservation) clicking on the link opens the file but does not add it to the calendar.

Is there an easy way or an extension to add a .ics file from a website to a Seamonkey Calendar?

The way I see in most explanations is to save the .ics then open Seamonkey and import it.

That seems like a lot more trouble that it ought to be.