NFN Smith wrote:
CC D wrote:
How do I block email addresses from unwanted spam. When I get these
emails I hit the spam button but they keep coming back.

Are you trying to block this content from inside Seamonkey?  If so, I recommend that you don't bother.

These days, most servers have user-tunable spam filters active.  If you're getting unwanted content, the first thing to do is to check your webmail client, and use the offered tool for marking messages as Spam there.

There are multiple benefits to using the server's tools as your primary spam filter. The major one is that the server is better able to handle spam based on your stated preferences, and where the handling is focused on the entire message content (including all headers and body), rather than specific content.  From there, those preferences are applied at the time the message is being received by the server.  And if a specific message is designated as spam (or not spam), then similar message will be handled in the same way.  And tagging a message as spam is generally enough to get content delivered to a spam folder, and depending on server implementation, enough to cause future content that's sufficiently similar to be rejected by the server entirely.

Therefore, even if an incoming message purports to be being sent by somebody you know, if it's spam, it's safe to designate as spam, because the filter is applied to the entire message, not just the From: or Subject: lines.

As a general thing, it's not worth the effort to do spam-filtering in Seamonkey. It's common for spammers to randomize as much as possible, and if you're trying to create filtering rules, by the time you figure out a usable pattern to block a specific message or two, it's unlikely that you'll ever see another message that matches that pattern.

In other words, it's not worth the effort to do spam-filtering from Seamonkey unless you're getting content from a source that's unusually constant in flow and consistent in content.

Smith
Sounds good EXCEPT - - this does not work with comcast/xfinity.

I have ONE email address with them that gets at least one, usually two every day since the beginning of the year. (I don't have any recollection of this happening so often earlier). However, EVERY one of them has been marked as SPAM in Seamonkey, AND EVERY one of them has been marked as SPAM in the Comcast Email, AND EVERY one of them has been sent to comcast at missed-s...@comcast.net, AND since mid February, I have taken to forwarding the entire list (currently 61 emails) to both "missed-s...@comcast.net" and "ab...@comcast.net". I have six other email addresses with comcast, NONE of them get this quantity of SPAM. THe main thing that they have in common is a size less than 6-8 KB, anything larger is usually a Phishing email. In about mid March I'm going to delete that email account and create a new one with a different name that my correspondents can use. (This one gets very little useful/real/non-SPAM so it should not be too difficult to notify this that use it to contact me.)

--
Frosted Flake