Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
On 04/03/2021 23:37, JAS wrote:
JAS wrote:
My new fiber optic internet and TV is thru iTV(mine is gpcitv.net) none of the movies or cable channels will ply using Seamonkey, I us SM 2.49.5 and my wife uses Sm 2.53.6 but both of us get a error when trying to view ...
Meant to say that on Firefox 86--Iron  87.0.4450.0 --Google Chrome 88.0.4324.190 every thing plays fine --I can log in on Seamonkey and see all the video,etc but get and when they are clicked on.

SeaMonkey doesn't support DRM-protected HTML5 video, which (now that Flash and Silverlight are passé) is the only way that some commercial streaming services will play.

Although Firefox has (was forced to?) incorporate an interface to the required proprietary modules, the interface has never been fully developed in SeaMonkey, due to a combination of priorities and objections in principle.

If you want to watch those videos with the least tang of G in your mouth, carry on with FF86.

/df

The way I remember it, the then Firefox "chairman" (whatever the position is called) made the decision to support DRM. The decision was not popular and there are ways of configuring FF to disable that feature. The whole discussion was a couple of years back so I'm short on details but the search engine of your choice should throw them up for anyone who cares.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/