On 3/21/21 3:18 PM, BER wrote:
Hello,
Please see my email below. I have decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Will Version 2.33.1 work with Windows 10 and should I be able to upgrade to the latest version of Seamonkey?
Thank you
Brenda

Upgrading has been broken for several versions so you need to do a new installation.

The SeaMonkey project is proud to present SeaMonkey 2.53.6: The new release of the all-in-one Internet suite is available for download now <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/>! 2.53.6 is an incremental update from the 2.53.x branch and incorporates a number of changes, including improved usability of multiple mailboxes/folders selection, Greek localization, and fixes from the underlying platform code. *Before installing it make a full backup of your profile and thoroughly read and follow the Release Notes <https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.6/>*.

At the very top of those Release Notes it states:

*You MUST absolutely do a full backup of your profile before upgrading from a version earlier than SeaMonkey 2.53.1. This version of SeaMonkey makes changes to your profile that can't be reverted in cases where you need to go back to the older version.*

*Automatic upgrades from previous versions are currently disabled for this release. Please download the full installer from the downloads section and install SeaMonkey 2.53.6 manually over the previous version.*

Hope that helps.

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop