My mother-in-law inherited a computer recently that I believe to have had the Freenet Project software installed on it. Every time it is booted, the following message indicating a java runtime error is displayed:

    Error starting Node
Couldn't start the node:
make sure Flaunch.ini has an entry Javaw=pointing to javaw.exe or and entry Javaexec=pointing to a Java runtime binary(jview.exe/java.exe)

What I would like to know, is it possible to remove all of the supporting software to remedy this error? I believe some of the software has already been removed because the .ini file referenced can not be found on the drive.
Or is there another method of resolving this error? I'd appreciate any help you can give.

J. Knight
Texas