> Hi just installed Freenet, trying to get it up and running having this
error show up in
> freenet.log im running WindowsXP and Java2 Runtime environment.  Thanks
for any help.

Is Fred even compatibile with Java 2 RE?  I don't know if it is but I would
expect not.
http://freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/Download

Quote:
"Java:  Freenet requires that Java is installed on your computer. While we
are working to ensure that Freenet can work with free JVMs ... currently we
suggest that users download Sun's 1.4 JVM from here for reliability, speed,
and stability reasons. "

Try using the latest 1.4 JRE instead and see if the problem goes away.

Dave