Zlatin Balevsky wrote:

The network is getting bigger and bigger.  Most of my requests DNF with
htl 15 but are retrieved with 25.  Maybe its time to up the defaults a bit.
There is a bigger problems with actual implementation of HTLs: unless a node operator explicitly asks otherwise, all requests get out with HTL=15. This means that the node you send the request to will be able to guess (with low probability of error!) that you are the originator of the request.
Fixed default HTL is evil. Add (signed) a random number to each request.
Fixed default maximum HTL is even more evil. To be more protected you must not use that number, so you have a max HTL=24, with might not suffice for some content.

Iff I manage to understand the code I'll try to offer a patch to this problem. Menawhile you are advised to change your configuration from 15/25.

--
--- TLD
"There is no Good, one thorough, there is no Evil, there is only Flesh"