Greetings,

534 seems to be running just great. For me there's just one remaining problem, which
is that I still don't seem
to be able to get bandwidth under control.

I have things pinched off to 10K up and down, on the premise that since we're on ADSL
here I can't allow more
relayed data  inward than my upstream connection can push out. There's some confusion
about whether we're 128k
or 384k upstream. Our service agreement says 384k, but maybe that's on a good day with
a tailwind; most of the
time the upstream connection performs like 128k.  So I'm erring on the safe side and
setting things at 10K,
which seems only marginally useful but ought to work and leave some overhead for other
services to negotiate
connections.

Our pipe is still saturated after a few hours of freenet uptime.

My spouse and I both  work at home at least 50% of the time. Yesterday I
absentmindedly referred to shutting
down the freenet node here when Ann was desperately trying to get some work done. Big
mistake! Busted! Now of
course when things are slow I'm getting the question "you don't have that THING turned
on again, do you?", heh.

Does bandwidth control take into account relayed data, ie data transiting my node as a
result of indirection?
And do you have any further tips I might apply to getting this to work? Very
frustrating to see things working
so well that I can't support a persistent node anymore!

Thanks for any help that may be forthcoming.

--
"Democracies die behind closed doors."
- Judge Damon Keith