Can anyone explain to me the difference in success rates in contacting a given set of nodes for a transient node from that achieved by a permanent node? I have a permanent node which has managed to contact a group of seed nodes about 500 times after 130000 trials. The transient node (running for a shorter time) with the same set of seed nodes has managed to contact them about 400 times out of 600 trials. Is there a difference in the type of contact attempted, or the time the node waits for a reply: or something?

--
Roger Hayter