Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with my problem
I am running windows 98SE and when i try to ftp i get the following error message:
ESOCKET EXCEPTION ERROR 10038
IN FUNCTION SETSOCKOPT (SO_LINGER)
SOCKET OPERATION ON NON-SOCKET

When I close and relaunch the FTP app I get this error:
500 ESOCKET EXCEPTION: CONNECT
SOCKET ALREADY IN USE

Also when using email, the app says it's connecting but nothing's going out to the modem (i.e. the SD and RD leds on the modem don't flash, so I know that nothing has gone out). This happens on send and receive, and I often have to click send/receive several times before it actually connects to the server. And then, still online, if I hit send/receive again, I get the same thing happening. Sometimes it says "Connecting..." but it doesn't, and sometimes it just says "Failed to connect to outgoing/incoming server SMPT/POP3.TELKOMSA.NET".  All told, I probably manage to actually connect to the server about 1 in 10 times.

Browsers are showing the same sluggishness: clicking on links often only works after several attempts, entering a URL often results in "site not found" errors, but it's the same basic problem, it's not getting through to the modem most of the time. When it does, sometimes sites load completely, sometimes only a portion of the page loads and then it stops.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Jack.