On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:57:38 -0800 Greg Wooledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
>> i'll be sure to put it up since it has my ip in it
>> on my how to build a nuke from radio shack parts website
>
>Um... what?

im teasing

>(1) The seednodes.ref file contains *other* nodes, not yours.  If
>you
>want to publish your own node reference, you may also do that, but
>it's
>not included in seednodes.ref by default.

really quite often i see mine in the seednodes.ref downloaded with the daily snap, not
that that matters,,which lead to a trivial question,
the freenet client throws it out when it seeds the routing table, right?

i imagine as far as questions go thats filed under "duhh"

>(2) If people go to my web site, they have my IP address.  I don't
>exactly try to hide my identity here, y'know...

i do out of purity to the concept, but i'm a writer and anyone
who knows me or reads my stuff can smell my style a mile a way

>> so i can think of a few reason folks might not want
>> to put their seed ref on their freesite
>
>I said WEB site.

ah, ok sorry, artists arn't as tight with language
which coders of necessity must be

 Not freesite.  But yes, I do publish my seednodes.ref
>file on my freesite as well as my web site.  Even if I were trying
>to keep myself anonymous, which I clealy am not, point (1) above
>would make this a relatively safe practice.  Remember the Freedom
>Seed?  (And before that, the Evil Seed.)

they dont have kitchen recipes for nukes on them either

>Of course, a seednodes.ref file on a freesite would not be very
>helpful to the original poster, since he was reporting RNFs.  It
>would be a bit like giving someone a CD-ROM with drivers on it for
>their new CD-ROM drive.

o you bought an iomega once too

was mentioning favorite computer error messages with someone yesterday

my favorite is

keyboard error or keyboard not present
press "F1" to continue or "DEL" to enter setup

Besides isnt the over arching concept more a needle in a needle stack
than a foolproof locked box?

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: