On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 23:05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This is from my log
>
> ******
> Reducing rtMaxNodes to 15 - was too high for maxNodeConnections 60 because
> we keep an idle conn open to each node.
> Nov 8, 2003 10:38:01 AM (freenet.node.Node, main, ERROR): Reducing
> rtMaxNodes to 15 - was too high for maxNodeConnections 60 because we
> keep an idle conn open to each node.
That is normal if you have set maxNodeConnections to 60.  It means
you will never try more than 15 other nodes to request or insert
data, since you only have 15 in your routing table.

> Nov 8, 2003 10:38:05  AM (freenet.node.Main, main, ERROR):
> There was an error determining this node's physical address(es).
> Please make sure <ipAddress> and <listenPort> are correctly set.
This includes not having a % at the beginning of the line.

> Note that you may put a host name in the <ipAddress> field if you
> have a dynamic IP and are using a dynamic DNS service.

Dynamic IP means your ISP does not give you a fixed IP number.
This is the usual state of affairs for home users.  It makes
it hard to run servers on your home computer.  Many ISP's
would like to make this as difficult as possible.

Dynamic DNS (domain name server) is a way around the problem
of running a server on a system which has a dynamic DNS.

Start reading at
http://www.dyndns.org/about/

> freenet.BadAddressException: Address seemed incorrect. To use Freenet
> you must have a globally addressable Internet address set correctly.
>  at freenet.node.Main.getAddresses(Main.java:1350)
>  at freenet.node.Main.main(Main.java:550)

> How can I solve this error?

Compare to what you had earlier, it possible.  Make sure you don't
have a % on the ipAddress line in the configuration file.

> Do need I to have a dynamic IP?  What is that?
Probably you have one.

It wouldn't be a bad idea.  See http://www.dyndns.org/about/

> I wonder what value I should enter for <ipAddress>.
What value did you enter before when it worked?  One good idea
is to get a dynamic DNS name and enter that instead of a numeric
ipAddress.

> Besides I have been unable to upload the pages of my freesite.  I
> still do my uploading with FreeWeb.  Is it possible that the
> missing value affects the whole working of the publishing process?

Yes.

> Sorry if there are too many questions.

Sorry no one answered for a week.

> Thanks beforehand,