-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Toad
Sent: 25 November 2003 20:45
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [freenet-support] Freenet stable build 5041

Freenet stable build 5041 is now available. Upgrade using update.sh or
freenet-webinstall.exe, or get the jar from
http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/freenet.jar .

Changelog:
* Major continuing work on routing:
** Contact the least accessed node every 30 seconds with a recently
requested key. This is estimated to add 3kqph to load, but is very
important given the next item.
** New nodes in the routing table get pessimistic estimators. So routing
is not dominated by new nodes any more. They will get routed to once
they have demonstrated their abilities through the above mechanism.
** Try to manage routing table churn: accept new nodes into the routing
table from any wierd source if we have less than 40 available, not
backed off, nodes. If we have more than that, do probabilistic
referencing for StoreData's, and don't borrow refs from requests.
** Impose a network level maximum file size of 1MB. This should make
multiplexing easier, simplify code, and prevent some bad behaviours that
might be used for traffic analysis.
** Make the global estimate, the request failure time, used in routing,
depend on the key AND the filesize. This prevents bad routing of files
of non-typical sizes.
** Always reset the datasource when we serve data from the store.
** Other minor changes.
* When we do a request with 'skip datastore' enabled, don't actually
delete the file from the datastore, just ignore it.
* Show the version of each node on the inbound requests page. Improve
the open connections and node reference status pages. More diagnostics.
Etc.
* Lots more bugfixes, logging changes, and other minor improvements.