To completely remove a Debian package, do:
-> dpkg -P <package name>

The -P is for Purge.  This should work provided the Debian scripts were
setup properly.

--
Jay Oliveri                                  "In the land of the blind,
GnuPG ID: 0x5AA5DD54                          the one-eyed man is king."