[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

I configured my router/firewall when I first installed Freenet last summer, and I don't remember the details but it has always worked.

Make shure the port freenet uses is still forwarded to the right machine and not filtered by some sort of (personal) firewall, for ex. the WinXP integrated fw.

When I go into settings the radio button for switching to permanent rather than transient is blacked out and it says to change that on the geek page. How do I change it? It isn't obvious and I am afraid to play around with settings blind.

Open freenet.ini with notepad or wordpad, search for transient and make shure the line looks like:

%transient=false

not like:

transient=true

Which JRE do you use and from which build did you upgrade, best JREs for
windows the 1.4.2_03 and 1.5 beta from Sun as far as I can tell. If yours
is older upgrade it (go for 1.4.2_03 at the moment, 1.5 is faster but a
little bit wanky).

Greets someone