Freenet stable build 5066 is now available. The snapshots have been
updated. Get it via the update.sh script on Linux, BSD, or OS/X, or use
the freenet-webinstall.exe utility to update on Windows, or get the jar
from http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/freenet-latest.jar . All stable
branch users should upgrade. You will also need to reseed your node: get
a new seednodes.ref from
http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/seednodes.ref . This build is not
compatible with older stable builds.

We have merged several weeks' work in this build. Specifically, rate
limiting, which is a new way of balancing load on Freenet, and a bug fix
in the datastore, which could have been quite nasty (causing the LRU
list in the datastore to be wrong, and the node to get jammed for a
while every time a file was committed). Subjectively, the unstable
network seems to work fairly well with this code, although there are a
few concerning stats, so we decided it needs wider testing. Hopefully
the stable branch will work significantly better as a result of the new
code. Of course it will initially as it is small, the test comes when it
gets bigger. Please upgrade and reseed.