On Sunday 14 March 2004 07:39 pm, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Jay Oliveri wrote:
> > After reading your emails for the last 2 days I have no clue what
> > you're trying to do.  You were first using stable, then unstable.  Then
> > a friend's node, then nodes on 2 different networks (i can only assume
> > stable & unstable).
> >
> > So what is it again you're trying to do?  (I dont' understand the A's
> > routes vs. B's routes argument either).
>
> get the two nodes to interoperate with each other.  I would suspect this
> could be done by adding each node's ref to the other node's seedfile

Yes, provided they are compatible builds.  There are two freenet's
maintained by the freenetproject; stable and unstable.  They are seperate
networks that do not communicate with each other.

When you say "Each node has different routing tables so I'd like to be able
to use the nodes together to increase the available search path within a
couple hops or so", are you saying these two nodes are on different tcp/ip
networks, or one node is from stable and another from unstable?

> > > I am having trouble trying to interconnect friends' freenodes.  The
> > > give me their node's reference but I keep getting complaints that the
> > > ref does not contain an estimator fieldset.  Is there a way to
> > > generate complete files that have all the required information?
> > >
> > > Each node has different routing tables so I'd like to be able to use
> > > the nodes together to increase the available search path within a
> > > couple hops or so.
> > >
> > > Any way to do this so that the connections stay permanent?
> > > Im trying to have the nodes work like this
> > >
> > >           }     a.b.c.d    A.B.C.D     {
> > > a's routes        }  <-= nodeA <--> nodeB <-=  {  b's routes
> > >           }                            {
>
> node a has one set of routes, b another set
> nodeA and nodeB run on separate networks
> but the goal is to have A and B permanently connect to each other so the
> A can take advnatage of B's nodes and A's nodes can take advantage of
> B's.
>
> Why is this so diifuclt to understand, what am I not explainging right?

Your use of the word "network" is ambiguous, since it could mean a tcp/ip
network or a freenet, so I'm asking for more information; stop me if you
feel you're not getting your moneys worth in this support forum.

--
Jay Oliveri
GnuPG ID: 0x5AA5DD54