peer reviewed publications about it out there.
Woah.
Well, I pointed them to the IEEE paper for starters.
The submitter really > has to be a small-footprint application like a browser applet.
Hmm. So what would it connect to? Browser applets can only talk to the server they were downloaded from - do you mean literally a browser applet with it just talking to that node? Or do you mean a small standalone app e.g. a transient node?
Ideally, an applet that then seeks out Freenet seed nodes it is told to go attempt to submit to. If implemented as an applet, it may have to use a socket via javascript or similar. I speak here in ignorance of Freenet protocols involving certificates, but there's our aim anyway.
I think a transient node is what we're after. We think some of our users may be happy to host a node the proper way but we can't make them. We want them to use the network for a single transaction without hosting a node. They would not download anything. They do not need a receipt.
Cheers, Craig.
_______________________________________________ Support mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support Unsubscribe at http://dodo.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support Or mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
