Below

> Or use a service such as dyndns.org and put your hostname in your
> freenet.ini. Freenet has routines to check for IP changes (I've
> disabled them - static IP), so it should work pretty well once it's
> established, but before that it needs to announce an IP and port to
> connect to over the network so people start connecting to it.
>
> --
> Phillip Hutchings
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.sitharus.com/

You bring up an interesting point.  I've had a dyndns program running for
several months (whether it remains essential I have no idea as one message
months ago said the code to accomplish the same things was being written
into freenet).  Recently I have been receiving boot time notices telling me
to upgrade to the latest version, but it has been so long since I installed
it that downloading the new simply adds to my store of interesting
binaries, but I don't seem to see the old being replaced as I continue to
get the messages.  Anyone know how to replace old with new??????