On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 09:52:33AM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> That was helpful - thanks.
>
> Sorry to belabor the issue, but I still wonder if 100 is a reasonable
> number of connections, why would the default be 200?  Shouldn't the
> default be 100?

It's unclear ATM. We need a reasonable number because we want a bunch of
nodes specialized near our spec, a bunch of nodes around the keyspace,
and a bunch of less good or testing or newbie nodes. Also, if we set the
limit to 100, then from experience the actual number of connections
would be rather less - say 60 or 70. But the main influence ATM is the
fact that if a node has much less than the average, it will be
disadvantaged in load balancing... we need to do something about it but
I don't really know what yet.. maybe some form of queueing will help,
but it's not obvious how.