On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 11:03:22PM +0100, Toad wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 02:29:36AM +0200, Florian Streck wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 10:20:59PM +0100, Toad wrote:
> > > Ouch. I thought it just got dyndns to detect your IP on the other end?
> >
> > Unfortunately sometimes the providers put in some NAT boxes or a proxy
> > that prevents this system from working properly. So there is, in most
> > cases, the possibility to submit the IP that you are using.
>
> Yikes. Assuming you use a non-standard port for the update, there's
> little point in having a dyndns if you can't connect direct to dyndns,
> as your connections will get blocked anyway.

This was ages ago. The service that I used then had a update-mechanism
using http. Unfortunately I just realized that there was a problem when
I was on vacation for a few weeks and had no way of finding my Computer
with all my mails :-(
Ok, geek-trouble not beeing able to read mail in vacation ;-)

Florian

--
Serfs up!
                -- Spartacus