On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:16:10 +0200, Zenon Panoussis wrote:

> M. Seredszun wrote:
>
>> Couldn't retrieve key:
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]/BPC/3//*
>> Hops To Live: *15*
>
>> Error: *Route Not Found*
>
>> Can you help me Pls ?
>
> Keep trying. It's out here,

I experience the same: Very many Freesites do not work initially but
works when retried for several days. My node has been running since 5.
April with a datastore of 66 GB with a version of Freenet and
seednodes.ref never more that 1 week old. So far the storage has not been
filled and I still have 6 GB of free storage.

This leads me to believe, that storage in Freenet is not a problem -
wheres as connectivity is. If data was inserted more redundantly then I
would assume that I would not have to retry as much as I do today.

So I would like to propose that every insert is inserted twice: Once as it
is today and once with the key reversed. E.g:
http://localhost:8888/SSK%40rBjVda8pC-Kq04jUurIAb8IzAGcPAgM/TFE should
also be inserted as:
http://localhost:8888/SSK%40MgAPcGAzI8bAIruUj40qK-Cp8adVjBr/TFE

The reverse could also just be a hashing function. The main thing should
be that the new chain of nodes that will be inserted on should not be the
same as the current.

/Ole