Stable build 5089 is now available. Please upgrade. You will probably
need to reseed. The current seednodes.ref at
http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/ will be sufficient.

To upgrade:
On Windows, use the update option on the start menu, if it is there.
On linux, stop the node, run update.sh, and start it.
On any platform, stop the node, fetch
http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/freenet-latest.jar and overwrite
your existing freenet.jar with it, then restart the node.

This is a mandatory upgrade. In other words, it will not talk to 5088
and earlier. This is in the hope that the network will heal from the
recent unpleasantness with a full reset. It appears that the causes of
the recent problems were:
1) Major changes in routing in 5085
2) Major changes in rate limiting in 5085
3) Fairly nasty bugs and bugfixes from 5085 to 5087.

Also the code mostly ran reasonably on unstable, before it was merged;
unstable consists only of nodes with most of the routing and rate limiting
changes.

I think that resetting the network will fix the recent problems, so we are
resetting the network. Thanks to everyone who participated in the first
phase of the reset; the new stable network starts off with 35 nodes
instead of no nodes because of you.

Everyone running stable: Please upgrade to 5089.

If you are excessively paranoid you might want to wait a day or so until the
network has become a bit bigger; I expect it to grow rapidly after this
announcement.