-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 7:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [freenet-support] RE: anonymity(NOT)

On 5 Aug 2004, at 04:42, Matthew Findley wrote:
> Let me put it this way.
> When you all fire up your nodes you know there is a very strong
> likelyhood that it will end up houseing and transmiting illegal
> material, correct?
> So you know your computer will be doing something illegal and yet
> choose to do it anyway simply because you can not see it.  That is
> willful blindness and is not a defense that will stand up in court.

If that was true then the postal system would be in trouble, since I am
sure most people within the USPS acknowledge that illegal materials
(such as child pornography) are probably transmitted through the postal
system, yet they do not open every letter and every package to prevent
this from occurring, nor are they expected to.

Ian.