I'm revisiting freenet after giving it a few months to mature.

Running 5090 on Java 1.4.2 Mac OS X 10.3.4

It was looking pretty good there for a while.  I can load most of the sites
listed on the Web Interface, but going from there is not happening.  Take the GPL, for
example:

Couldn't retrieve key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]/GPL.txt
Hops To Live: 15

Error: Route Not Found

Attempts were made to contact 0 nodes.
0 were totally unreachable.
0 restarted.
0 cleanly rejected.
32 backed off.

The request couldn't even make it off of your node. Try again, perhaps with the GPL to
help your node learn about others. The publicly available seed nodes have been very
busy lately. If possible try to get a friend to give you a reference to their node
instead.

This is new data to me.  What's "backed off"?

Thanks.
--
Chris Linstruth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>