just an FYI to Kevin Steen, Jay Oliveri and Toad. Prior to the reformat I was using ver. 5090 and I had no problems at all accessing anything I wanted to . Freenet was working perfectly. It was only after the reformat that my current problems began. I  do not think it is in any way related 5091 or my modem as there were no problems prior. I am using the same hardware, the same software etc. as before when I could get freenet to work. I am convinced that if I made the appropriate changes in default.ini and / or in freenet.ini my problems would be solved. The big however, is that I am not sure what changes I should make. So maybe you are correct Kevin when you say that broadband would help. I just don't know.

--- Robert Greenage
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.