Frank v Waveren wrote:
On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 10:06:04PM +0200, Evert Meulie wrote:

Since Freenet uses random ports for outgoing traffic, I can't really shape it on my firewall either. (I do have an option to shape traffic based on packet content. Do all Freenet packages have some common, unique content perhaps?)

The Freenet site suggested to control the bandwidth usage on the OS-level instead. Who can tell me how to do this?

On linux you can tag packets with the iptables MARK target based on
uid or pid, and then use tc (from iproute2) filters to select only the
marked packets. No icky looking inside packets required.

Would you happen to know where I can find a HowTo for dummies on this matter?
Or, even better, has someone jotted down a Howto specific for tor?  :-)

Regards,
  Evert