Squished Squirrel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

==snip==
> I'm about to test it over the weekend and see what happens.
> I know Java 1.4.2 (at least the latest version installed
> with 10.3.9) will crater with Kernel Panics. It sounds a lot
> like the problems that Azureus suffered from on Dual Processor
> Macs. When too many connections were opened simultaniously,
> Azureus would kernel panic. Apparently they found a work-
> around though.
==snip==

Yes, it looks that way. Apparently it only affects dual processor Macs, although
it can make single CPU ones very slow.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/azureus/azureus2/ChangeLog.txt?rev=HEAD
2004.12.18 | Azureus 2.2.0.2
(...)
"BUGFIX: Core | Fix for kernel panics under MacOSX [ej32206, Nolar]"

"Karl Kraft" here claims to have sent a testcase for the issue (panic with pure
java only) to Sun and they ignored it, but doesn't say what it is exactly and I
can't find it.
http://www.macintouch.com/panreader34.html

Diff for the Azureus fix (multilined for gmane) :
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?
forum_id=40629&style=flat&viewday=17&viewmonth=200408

Bob