Sam Przyswa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I installed the latest Freenet-stable on my Debian (Kubuntu) machine,
> configure my freenet.conf as:

--snip--

> at freenet.transport.AbstractSelectorLoop.loop() (Unknown Source)
> at freenet.transport.WriteSelectorLoop.run() (Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.Thread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

--snip--

> What's wrong ?

The use of "libgcj" indicates you're using some free JRE like Kaffe, which
freenet 0.5x does not support. This is particularly likely with Ubuntu because
it's very "pure" Free software only out of the box. The next version (0.7)
should support such JVMs, since the current alpha code does, but at the moment
they perform badly with freenet in comparison to Sun's JRE for reasons not
currently known.

Just to confirm, what does "java -version" output?

You should be able to fix this by installing Sun (preferably) or Blackdown
Java and making it the system default. Instructions here, multilined for
gmane filter :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RestrictedFormats
  #head-68565ae07a003332e82c9f23706638777396c249

Now freenet should manage to start and operate, although it will need a while
to integrate into the network before it's really usable. Note that you will
still see numerous errors and info messages in the console and/or error log,
this is normal, 0.5 outputs a lot of debugging info.

Bob