On 4/5/06, Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Evan Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I ran ./update.sh, and freenet failed to restart (no new version was
> > downloaded -- btw, how do I tell when a new version is out?)
>
> Hmm, I don't understand how it ever worked (are you sure it did?)
>
> > jvm 1    |    at java.lang.Thread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
> > jvm 1    | Caused by: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SHA-256
> > jvm 1    |    at
> > java.security.MessageDigest.getInstance(java.lang.String)
> > (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)
> > jvm 1    |    at freenet.node.Node.readNodeFile(java.lang.String,
> > freenet.crypt.RandomSource) (Unknown Source)
> --snip--
> > What does this mean?  Do I have something misconfigured somehow?
>
> It means you're running a JVM that doesn't include a SHA-256 provider. The
> presence of libgcj makes me think you're using a Free Software one like gij or
> Kaffe, which is standard e.g. on Ubuntu.
>
> Your options are basically to install Sun Java (proprietary but faster, and
> possibly more compatible) or follow these instructions to work around it using
> GNU Crypto :
> http://wiki.freenetproject.org/Freenet0Point7withFreeVm

Ahhh, that explains it.

Yes, I'm quite sure it worked (I used it ;) )

I have both Sun's JDK 1.5.0_06 installed, and some version of gcj.

I seem to have path issues -- it was started with the correct path the
first time, but not the second, so originially it was using Sun's java
but was now trying to use gcj.

Thanks!

Evan