I'm sorry to hear that. You have to remove the service and then delete
the directory.

Is your computer very short on RAM? Freenet 0.7 shouldn't cause freezing
of your PC, though it's conceivable that it might push it over the edge
if it hasn't got enough RAM; how much RAM does your PC have? Hint:
anything less than 256MB on Windows XP is really dodgy...

Please tell us whether uninstalling Freenet solves the freezing problem,
we need to know.