I don't think that the 0.5 network needs active coding.  It's fine the way it
is.  It should be stated that there will be no patches or bug fixes for the
0.5 network, but putting it in small print and calling it "unsupported" while
directing new users to the alpha 0.7 network just doesn't make sense.  The
0.5 network should be called the stable version and 0.7 should be the
unstable version, just like it was done in the past.  If users ask questions,
they should be directed to the wiki.  Why the big push to get new users on
the 0.7 network while it's still in the alpha stage?