Ben Dougall wrote:
> On Monday, June 4, 2007, at 10:44  pm, Ben Dougall wrote:
>
>> On Monday, June 4, 2007, at 10:28  pm, Matthew Toseland wrote:
>>
>>> BTW your airport is almost certainly a NAT, but that shouldn't prevent
>>> you
>>> from accessing your node's local interface.
>>>
>> I think it does allow NAT but NAT is not turned on.
>>

> Sorry, that's wrong. You're right Matthew, the base station is making
> me be behind a NAT. The Airport base station is set up to share one IP
> address using DHCP and NAT. (Not sure about the firewall aspect of it
> though. Don't think it is a firewall so I don't think I am behind a
> firewall but I'm not sure.)
>
> So that makes this question more important I think:
>
> Why doesn't my freenet.ini file contain anything that seems to resemble
> a node.listenPort number? According to a FAQ on the Freenet site
>
>> Configure your NAT or firewall to forward connections to the
>> node.listenPort number (You can find it in a file called freenet.ini
>> in the freenet folder), to the same port on your computer (you will
>> probably need to know your computer's  internal IP address which will
>> often begin with 192.168.x.x). Remember that freenet 0.7 uses UDP.
>>
> but I can't do that as I don't know what the listen port number is. How
> can I find out what that is?

I suspect the current real problem is that the node is not starting.
Check for a wrapper.log file in directory where Freenet was installed.
That should be able to tell us what went wrong.

You can verify that Freenet is not running by two methods:

./run.sh status

will tell you and

netstat -an |egrep -i "tcp.*8888"

will show one or more lines of output with LISTEN or LISTENING in them.