Hi Matthew,

I suppose I can, I have not tried yet.

I wanted to confirm with support this was my only option.

I'll uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards,
Tom

Matthew Toseland wrote:
You need to uninstall. Can you cleanly uninstall?

On Thursday 05 June 2008 16:42, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

Freenet 0.7.0 crashed at the "pack installation" screen
during setup in WinXp Pro. (error message: "freenet installation failed!")

At the time I had -ping response- disabled in my router, I think this caused

the

crash.

I have the Program Files/freenet directory and the bin directory installed.

There is a wrapper.conf file in the bin directory, but no wrapper.log file
anywhere in the freenet directory tree.

When I use the "Start Freenet" shortcut on the desktop, I get this error

message:

"Starting freenet
-the service name is invalid"

When I try to access http://127.0.0.1:8888 , I get:
"Firefox cannot find the server"

Freenet 0.7.0 appears to be partially installed, is there a way to reinstall
without uninstalling?

I have the latest version of Java installed.

Thanks in advance for your help -
Tom