> Why what?

Why FreeNet grew - that the 0.7 version is a significant improvement.

> Presumably as the logged-in user. Freenet should start automatically though,
> unless you've removed the cron job.

I only use the stop and restart Freenet options in the Ubuntu
application menu.  So running FreeNet then only grants privelages in
line with the logged in user.  That sounds pretty safe to me (no system
access) although I would still prefer to create a dedicated restricted
user just to be sure.  But if I am going to do this, I should do it for
all P2P applications such as rtorrent and aMule.  If anyone knows of any
resources to guide me on this, please let me know.