On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:21:57 +0100
bqz69 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How do you move  freenet to another computer, so you can continue to use the
> same node ref. and datastore etc.

If you're moving your node to a Unix based OS (pretty much any OS but Windows)
you can simply copy the Freenet directory to the new box.
You may want to install a cron job for the autostart.
Download .sh scripts (update.sh and run.sh) from
downloads.freenetproject.org/alpha and drop them into the freenet direcotry if
you're moving from a Windows box

For moving to a Windows box you have to:
- copy your Freenet directory from the old box
- install a new freenet node on the Windows box where you want to move your
node to
- stop the new node you just installed
- delete the content of the Freenet directory (save the .cmd files if your
moving from a *nix box)
- replace it with the content from the Freenet directory copied from the old box
- start the node

NOTE: don't simply overwrite the Freenet directory with the one you copied from
the old box: it would work but your freenet directory would include a bunch of
useless files and direcotries: the right way to go is to delete the freenet
directory's content first (except .cmd files) and then replace with the stuff
you copied.

Did I miss anything? I read again before posting but I can't find the terribly
obvious thing that I missed (I always do)

--
FAFS - The Freenet Applications FreeSite
[EMAIL PROTECTED],9T20t3xoG-dQfMO94LGOl9AxRTkaz~TykFY-voqaTQI,AQACAAE/FAFS/40/

freemail: