Dennis Nezic wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 04:47:09 +0100, bqz69 wrote:
>> It is still quite difficult to use and setup for normal people.
>
> More details would help :P. In Gentoo Linux, I do "emerge freenet", and

My main complain is, that is not possible to use Freenet anonymously for
individual persons (without "friends"), which really is the main idea of
Freenet.

You are rigth, the very Freenet is very easy to install.

But in order to use Freenet at fullest capabilities, you need tools like
jSite - to publish your freesites
FMS - to announce your freesites etc
Freemail - freenet e-mail system

These functions could be an integrated part of Freenet, as they are
imperative to have - and they are not very easy to setup - I have made a
  Freenet minihowto (www.minihowto.org), and I can assure you it was not
very easy for me to pin it all together about how to use a Freenet system.

The Freenet program might be something like one combined GUI (Graphic
User Interface) where everything could be done, in order to use Freenet
at its maximum capabilities - that's my dream.

I like -and admire the people who have made Freenet, but it just seems
to me, as if the project is not developing very much at the moment - and
I had a small hope, that my thread might awaken some ideas - that's all!