On Thursday 14 May 2009 01:54:02 Dennis Nezic wrote:

> Or have the node automatically delete it when the queues are empty?

Automatically deleting node.db4o when there is nothing queued might work. The
main problem is that we would then not be able to put things other than
queued requests into it. Meaning if we want to persist e.g. stats, passive
requests etc, we will need a separate database.

We don't encrypt node.db4o at present. We should have the option of encrypting
it for those who don't want to encrypt the whole drive, but then we would
need a way to ask the user for the password on startup, or put it in some
easily shreddable file (shredding files doesn't work with modern
filesystems).

But for the really paranoid, db4o is a bit of a PITA. There is no way we can
guarantee that no traces of old requests are present, because db4o doesn't
have garbage collection. All we can say is we've tested it and debugged the
leaks found by the tests. But it is certainly possible for bugs introduced
since then, or not found, to cause leakage of objects.