On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Luke771<luke771.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Prawda2 wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I posted it recently but nobody has answered and since I don't receive
>> my own posts I cannot reply.
>> Let me create a new thread though - maybe this time someone will help.
>> It's the last try - I promise :)
>>
>> Anyway,
>> Please help me to solve the issue that I have with the Freemail
>> plugin. I want to try freemail, but now I am not able to do so.
>>
>> The problem is that whenever I try to install the plugin (i,e. via the
>> "Load Official Plugin" in the config page) the jar file gets
>> downloaded and is put to the plugin folder, but immediately after that
>> the browser's page turns into such an error:
>>
>> "Internal error: please report
>>

> I cant help you with the error but in the meantime, if you want to try
> freemail you could try downloading the .jar and load it locally using
> the 'unofficial plugin' interface, or executing the .jar as standalone
> with java -jar.
>
> More details about this stuff are available on the FAFS freesite, it's
> linked in the default bookmarks. Look at the Freemail page, but also the
> FProxy page for 'loading plugins manually. The site is still a bit
> messy, I'm trying to make it better. There is some valuable info in it,
> anyway.
>
> Also, how to execute and control the freemail.jar from a terminal (both
> *nix terminals and windows' cmd shells work the same way in this case),
> all the info you need is in the README file in the freemail directory at
> downloads.freenetproject.org/alpha/<somewhere>
thanks luke!
installing the 'unofficial plugin' from a file causes exactly the same error.
i have not tried to run the jar separatly, but that is not what i want
to achieve.
well, i said i wanted to try freemail..., but i know it works :) i was
thinking of something more stable and reliable, not just launching a
jar, typing "hellow world" and seeing that it does not crash...
cheers