On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM, bqz69 <bq...@telia.com> wrote:

> I have been following the discussions on this freenet mailing list for
> months,
> and it seems to be more and more active, and new ideas pup up :-)
>
> I was then struck by the thought, to make the whole internet into a
> freenet,
> and to let all harddisks be encrypted.
>
> Really it's all about files, files and more files and again....
>
> Then we get someting closing into "Freedom of the people of the world".
>
> This is just a philosophical thought for all you clever guys to consider.
>
> But that's how the development accelerates anyway - an idea is picked up,
> rejected, and then treated in a lot of brain's subconsiousness, and then a
> much better child idea might be born.
>
> Otherwise I am stupid, and that's my problem *laugh*

Man, you can't make a freenet out of internet. Because this will require
anoter network-layer protocol. It is not all about encryption. However, when
more users will join, and when the protocol will become more stable, it
might be possible to include freenet interface into linux kernel and allow
freenet-only routing for routers. That would be cool, but I hardly belive
that.