Michael Yip wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What I'm looking to do is to somehow automate the process of uploading a
>   set of documents on one end of my on darknet and request the documents
> from the other end.
>
> I'm trying to measure how the HTL value and key closeness may expose the
> requester's identity.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Well, i see a couple of ways you can approach downloading and uploading. First
you can use some of the pre-existing FCP libraries
(http://wiki.freenetproject.org/FreenetDevTools) and write something quick with
that, you also can do that via plug-ins, although i honestly am not sure about
the intricacies of it.

You also can just open the port and write to it, the FCP is quite straight
forward if if you don't need anything complicated it's trivial to set-up
(http://wiki.freenetproject.org/FreenetFCPSpec2Point0) in order to insert
something you would send ClientHello to the node, and get a response, then send
ClientPut with UploadFrom=disk; you then would wait until the file completes.
download the file you would ClienHello and ClienGet prividing the URL that was
generated as the result of insert.

All this would get the node to do the work, it will *not* expose the internal
attributes to you, to do this you would have to dig inside the code of Freenet.
Of course you can set logging to MINIMAL and see what already gets logged,
(look
at the actual logs, not only at wrapper.log).

                       - Volodya

> VolodyA! V Anarhist wrote:
>> Michael Yip wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm currently carrying out a research project on Freenet to try and
>>> measure the amount of information one can gain from the observable
>>> attributes.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there's any way I can automate the commands through
>>> the Freenet console interface, in the same way one can write a shell
>>> script to automate shell commands?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help in advance.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>> If i would be doing something like this i would edit the code itself putting
>> System.err.println("Attribute1 = "+attribute1.toString()) of the attributes
>> that
>> i need to capture and then write something to parse wrapper.log file which
>> is
>> where it all will end up.
>>
>>                    - Volodya

http://freedom.libsyn.com/     Echo of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://www.freedomporn.org/    Freedom Porn, anarchist and activist smut

  "None of us are free until all of us are free."    ~ Mihail Bakunin